Calling All Decaf Coffee Drinkers...
You spoke, and we listened! Due to popular demand, we’re proud to announce the introduction of Decaf pods into our range. The revolution has arrived. The great taste of coffee from Urban Brew will now be available without the hard-hitting effects of caffeine. Watch out Nespresso, there’s a new sheriff in town…of decaffeinated coffee.
I know what you’re thinking, In the past we’ve mercilessly and playfully poked fun of all you decaf fans out there. Turns out, the joke is on us. To reward you (and redeem ourselves), we’ve come up with a delicious new blend, featuring bold and nutty overtones with subtle hints of stone fruits.
Our staff have also undergone rigorous new training and seminars to ensure that never a bad word is spoken about decaf ever again.
This newly found love is also accompanied by our Urban Brew promise, that ensures our decaffeinated coffee pods are required to maintain its full-bodied flavour without jeopardising the taste you know and love. This promise is fulfilled by using naturally decaffeinated beans, referred to as the Mountain Water Process (a Mexican variation of the Swiss Water Process) which removes 99.9% of all caffeine.
For those who want to get technical about decaf, here’s how it works:
1. Green coffee beans are soaked in purified water, until all the caffeine and flavour compounds are extracted.
2. Beans are stored while the liquid solution created is run through a carbon filter that removes the caffeine. Leaving behind only the flavour compounds – which is called green coffee extract, or GCE.
3. The beans are then soaked with a small amount of the GCE, which creates a saturated solution in which the caffeine departs. The coffee’s flavour compounds remain in place, unaffected.
4. Once the caffeine is extracted from the beans, they’re dried to 10.2 percent moisture and ready to be roasted.
Decaf isn’t just for pregnant ladies and insomniacs anymore. It can be an awesome substitute for those who want to limit their intake. The decaf wave has peaked in the US – with the trend becoming particularly fashionable amongst millennials. Evidently, 63% of 18-24-year olds are worried about their daily consumption.
As it turns out, it actually may have some really cool health benefits!
- Helps to prevent aging, providing the body with energy, including at a cerebral level.
- Assists with preventing blood clots and improves blood circulation.
- Has been know to reduces symptoms in diseases such as rheumatism, arthritis and diabetes, reducing the risk of developing type-2 diabetes.
- Can reduces and helps us maintain healthy cholesterol levels.
- Is bound to be a source of happiness, and will be one of those small, yet great, moments of your day.
Our decaf coffee pod range is still compatible with Nespresso®*, K-fee®*, and Caffitaly®* machines. We’ll also still be offering great prices, locally produced, fair trade, fresh, and freely delivered coffee – what more could you ask for?Be happy,Toby Strong (aka The Podfather)Founder & Customer Happiness Specialist
Where to from here?
Meet the Maker (full version)