How to clean your Nespresso OriginalLine grid plate
Nespresso OriginalLine machines have a grid plate inside that breaks the foil of the pods. Overtime, coffee grounds can build up on this grid plate which can cause blockage and leads to extraction issues.
Cleaning it is simple, you'll just need an old toothbrush and some soapy water. Watch the video above to see how to do it, or follow these simple steps:
- First open the leaver
- Use soapy water and a tooth brush to give the grid plate a good scrub
- Close the lever
- Put a jug where you would usually put your coffee mug
- Press the long shot button to rinse the machine
- Rinse until the water is clear
- The machine is ready to use
You can prevent extraction issues by cleaning the grid plate regularly. Staying on top of this will extend the life span of your machine, and help make your coffee taste even better!