Making homemade almond milk is easier than you'd expect!
Skip the store-bought almond milk that's putting a dent in your wallet and is filled with ingredients you can’t even pronounce - make your own instead with this super easy recipe! Not only are you getting the freshest almond milk possible, but you can also control the sweetness and can experiment with infusing different flavours. Not to mention how much fun you can have with a bit of DIY-ing!
1 cup raw almonds
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 pinch salt
6 cups filtered water
3 tablespoons honey (optional - can be substituted for 2 dates or left out)
1. Cover almonds with filtered water and let them soak at room temperature for at least 24 hours
2. Drain water from almonds and place almonds, filtered water, vanilla extract, salt and honey in a blender
3. Blend the mixture until smooth - this usually takes a couple minutes
4. Use a nut milk bag to strain the liquid into a bowl or pouring jug
5. Refrigerate and enjoy in a delicious iced coffee with your favourite Urban Brew coffee pod!
Homemade almond milk lasts up to 5 days in an airtight container in the fridge
If you're tight on time, pour boiling water over raw almonds and let soak for 1-2 hours
Keep the leftover almond pulp and throw into your home compost
Toby Strong (aka The Podfather)
Founder & Customer Happiness Specialist